We incentivize and support your operation at every level.
As Alabama’s Literary Capital, the people of Monroe County and Monroeville have a way with words, but when it comes to supporting our industry, we think actions speak louder. That’s why we offer incentives on every level — federal, state, and local.
Our goal isn’t simply to attract industry but also to foster long-term growth and engage in lasting partnerships that generate prosperity. Bottom line: You’ll want to be here because we’re here for you, now and throughout the future.
Ad Valorem Property Tax Abatement
Qualified companies receive an abatement of the non-education and non-hospital portion of a company’s real and personal ad valorem property taxes for up to 10 years. To qualify, manufacturers must have a capital investment of at least $2 million, or in the case of expansions, the lower of $2 million or 30% of the original investment. The assessment ratio in Alabama is 20% of market value.
- City, County, & State Total Mills: 31.00 mills
- City, County, & State Education/Hospital Mills: 17.00 mills (may not be abated)
- City, County, & State Non-Education and Non-Hospital Mills: 14.00 mills (may be abated)
Sales Tax Abatement
Qualified companies receive an abatement of the non-education and non-hospital portion of city, county, and state sales tax on the purchase of construction materials. Eligibility requirements are the same as for ad valorem tax abatement.
State of Alabama Incentives
Foreign Trade Zone (FTZ)
Foreign Trade Zone (FTZ) assures global industry of maximum ease and cost-effectiveness in the flow of goods and materials, which is why Monroe County is ready to provide a sub-zone for companies that require it. The FTZ allows your operation to
- Reduce, defer or eliminate duties: Drive down costs of parts, exported goods, and material that is scrapped, wasted, or consumed in the manufacturing process. Companies can also eliminate duties on sales to the U.S. Department of Defense and government entities such as NASA.
- Slash paperwork and processing costs: Eliminate weekly entry fees.
- Make efficient zone-to-zone transfers.