We’re perfectly positioned for reach and speed with a superior transportation network and reliable utility solutions.
The right location, logistics, and utility network are essential for a supply chain with the power and agility to meet your needs. Below are the distinct advantages Monroeville and Monroe County can offer your business.
Location & Transportation Assets
Monroe County puts your operation just 90 miles north of Mobile and 100 miles south of Montgomery, with rapid pan-directional routes and superb access to domestic and global markets.
Highways: Rapid reach in all directions
- Immediate access to U.S. Highway 84 (the east-west El Camino Corridor) and State Highways 21, 41, and 47.
- Interstate 65 only 26 miles away, offering a direct north-south route.
- Swift daily back-haul service by national trucking companies to port facilities at both Port of Mobile and Port of Gulfport, opening additional domestic and global routes.
Port of Mobile: An expanding global asset
- Currently the nation’s 9th largest port and tracking to become the 6th busiest in the world by 2025 after a four-year, $365.7 million expansion.
- Only a 90-minute truck haul from Monroe County.
- The largest break-bulk forest products port in the world and the nation’s largest coal export port.
- Provides access to nearly 15,000 miles of inland waterways as well as deep-water passage to global markets in Asia, Europe, South America, and the Caribbean. Public terminals handle container, bulk, break-bulk, ro-ro and heavy lift cargoes.
Port of Gulfport: Strategic Central and South American access
- Located directly on the Gulf of Mexico, only five miles from the intercoastal waterway.
- Combines competitive rates and diverse capabilities with strategic connections to Central and South American markets.
- A long-time port home for global leaders, such as DuPont, Dole, and McDermott International.
Rail: A Class II Line
Alabama and Gulf Coast Railway (AGR) connects with Norfolk Southern, Canadian National, Kansas City Southern, and CG Railway in Mobile
Monroe County Regional Airport: Superb executive travel and more
- Southwest Alabama’s largest and best-equipped general aviation facility.
- Accommodates a wide range of aircraft, from helicopters and military aircraft to jets and charter traffic.
- One runway (3/21) measuring 6,028 feet long by 100 feet wide.